Posts

Showing posts from January, 2023

EKWENDENI HAMMERS FIRES 6 PLAYERS, RECRUIT 15

Image
Ekendweni against Red Lions. Mzuzu based super league side Ekwendeni Hammers has released 6 players and signed 15 new members to recover the squad for the forthcoming season. According to Times group, the general secretary for Ekwendeni Benjamin Thole signed a statement which discuss the release on January 27, 2023. “Ekwendeni hammers football club is pleased to announce the release of the following players listed below after the technical panel made recommendations and are free to join any team of their choice. We greatly appreciate the services rendered to the team and I wish them well in their endeavors,” the statement reads. The released player are former silver striker’s winger Ndaziona Chatsalira, Mabuchi Msika, Samson banda, Rodrick Gugutu, Patrick Gama and Emmanuel kathithi. In an interview with Times group on Monday Thole said they would like to cement the side with youthful players. “We want new blood. We conducted trials at Chabavi community ground and we signed 15...

REJECTION BID BY BRIGHTON FROM ARSENAL OVER MOISES CAICEDO

Image
Moises Caicedo on the run Brighton has rejected a second pay from Arsenal for Ecuador Midfielder Moises    Caicedo and has convinced the premier league leaders that he is not on the market. According to BBC sport, the newest pay is thought to be in the region of 70m Euro. Both Arsenal and Chelsea had offers for the 21-year old turn down last week. Caicedo told Brighton in an open letter that he want a move with the club in response to Brighton’s decision on him that he needs to take time until after Tuesdays deadline. Brighton are on the sixth position in the premier league and have got a five point’s gap with the fifth place spurs, but with two games in hand on Antonio contes side. However Brighton chairman De Zerbi said loosing Caicedo it’s a problem for them. “Tony Bloom knows very well my opinion. We lost {Cendro} Trossard and if we also lose Caicedo it’s a problem for us if we want to fight for Europe”. “If we don’t lose Caicedo we are ready to fight”. Bef...

CLUBS ASK FOR CONSIDERATION ON WOMENS TEAM REQUIREMENT

Image
Bullets and wanderers (some of the clubs) TNM super league clubs has posed a consideration with football association of Malawi to give them at least enough time in meeting the requirements that from next season they should have women’s teams as part of clubs licensing. According to The Nation, the requirement follows a resolution by the confederation of African Football (CAF) that all national league clubs should have women’s football teams. In fact only four out of the 16 well known clubs namely Nyasa Big Bullets, civil Service United, Kamuzu Barracks and Moyale Barracks have established women’s teams. For the remaining 12 clubs Mighty Mukulu Wanderers revealed that they are in negotiation to buy Bangwe queens to meet the requirement of FAM. However the remaining clubs delivers a similar speech saying that it will be hard for them to meet the requirements before the start of the season because they need time to allocate everything. Here is the speech by Chitipa United Team Manager Wat...

CHATAMA CONTINUES FLYING HIGH

Image
NBB Reserve 2022-2023 winners Nyasa Big Bullets Reserve has registered the unbeaten record after defeating Bangwe all-stars 2-0 making them masters in Thumbs up southern region football League at Kamuzu stadium on Saturday. According to Malawi 24 Bangwe all-stars looked well equipped throughout the match but they were shocked with the unexpected goals coming from Lyton Chinong’one and Emmanuel Saviel of Nyasa Reserve. In the 13th minutes, Franklin Titan send an extraordinary free-kick inside the box and Chikumbutso Salima connected it by head, but Elias Missi joined the flow by making the ball to go in the path of Chinong’one, who had a simple to task of shooting to make it 0-1. Upon seeing that, Bangwe Head Coach, Mabvuto Lungu, decides to have a double change by replacing James Zuze and Silvester Phiri with Andrew Jere and Andrew Maluwa Immediately. According to Malawi 24 the change did not show any positive results for Bangwe as Bullets established a two goal lead through Saviel in ...

PARLIAMENT CLAIM OVER GOVERNMENT CARELESSNESS ON SPORTS FACILITY.

Image
Vandalism affects BNS Members of parliament claim over government failure to manage sports facilities namely, Bingu National Stadium, Kamuzu Stadium and Civo Stadium. According to Times group this has been revealed in a meeting involving parliamentary committee on social and community affairs, Ministry of youth and sports and Malawi national council of sports at Bingu national stadium on Wednesday. The effect comes after the government failed to look after those sports infrastructures. According to the Times group chairperson of parliamentary committee on social and community affairs Savel Kafwafwa said there is need to look upon the infrastructures. “Our concern was that there is no proper plan to take care of the facilities. The facilities always do not have enough resources to maintenance. We asked the ministry to ensure that these facilities are taken care of” He said. Furthermore Kafwafwa said that it is to a sad note that NBS usually get in about K80 million annually but in fact ...